Baladev Jew Temple is situated in Ichhapur, Kendrapara, Odisha. Baladevjew Temple is a very famous temple of Odisha and Balarama is its main divinity. However, Jagannath and Subhadra are also worshipped in the Ratna Sinhasan in the main temple. An idol representing Tulasi as a goddess in a seated position is also present after the sacred seven steps.
The present shrine of Siddha Baladeva Jew was constructed during the Maratha rule in Orissa (1761 AD) of Ichhapur (Kendrapara). It was constructed by the king of Kujanga, Raja Gopal Sandha and Zamindar (land lord) of Chhedara Killah, Srinivas Narendra Mahapatra. One saint (Santha) Gopi Das and Sairatak Giri convinced the then Maratha Chief Janoji and constructed the Jaganmohan, Bhoga Mandapa of the main temple, the temple of Gundicha and compound wall. It is believed that Khan-I-Duran, the subedar of Odisha during the Moghul Emperor Aurangzeb demolished the temple in 1661 and built a mosque on the remains of the temple. Devotees of Lord Baladev Jeu took the deity in disguise in a boat through the river Govari and kept the deity in a secret place near Baranga Jungle. Afterwards, it was shifted to Balarampur village near Luna river at Sakhi Bata. Later it was transferred to the present day Icchapur temple
Baladevjew Temple is constructed over an area of 2 acres of land. There are 2 parts in the total area. In one part, different temples are there and the other part is a beautiful garden. There is a boundary around the temple, 46 feet (14 m) high.
There are four main parts of Baladev Jew Temple are
Bada Deula or Sri Mandir
Majhi Mandir or Bhog Mandap
Jaganmohan or Natya Mandir
Bata Mandir or Mukhashala
The main temple is 75 feet (23 m) high and 40 feet wide. The main temple has a 7 step construction and heavy baulamalia stone[a] are used in this construction. There are other small temples inside the premises, where other Gods and Goddesses are worshipped. All the temples have beautiful architecture and are constructed in the traditional way.