Sri Chintala Venkata Ramana Swamy Temple located in Tadipatri town of Anantapur is a famous temple of Lord Sri Maha Vishnu, who is in the divine form of Sri Chintala Venkata Ramana Swamy.which stretches on 5 acres within the town and was built on the banks of Penna river.This Temple was built during the times of Vijayanagar dynasty and had a glorious time.
The main deity in the Sanctum of Sanctorium is of 10 feet high. On Mukkoti Ekadasi day, the sun rays touch the feet of Venkatarama Swamy for 3 days continuously, which happens once in a year. As this sun rays pass thru the holes of the monolithic chariot which about 70 mt away from the deity. Temple corridor starts from this chariot, Temple corridor was built on 40 pillars Temple walls and pillars were sculptured with the images from the epics of Ramayana, Mahabharatha and Bhagavatha. These sculptures were carved in a sequence which narrates the epics. One should not miss the carvings of Kaliya Mardhana Krishna roopam from the Mahabharata and sequences from the Ramayana on the walls of a corridor. There is an octagonal shaped flower on the roof of the corridor. There are sub-temples for Sita Rama and Sri Padmavathi Amma Varu.
Sri Chintala Venkata Ramana Swamy Temple Tadipatri
Legends go this way, One fine day, villagers living nearby heard huge noise from a Tamarind Tree. To inspect the villagers gathered around the tree and surprised to find the Vishnu Idol lying inside the Tree hole. At the same time, Lord appeared in the dreams of the pennasani ruler, Thimmanayaka who was relaxing at Gandi Kota with his army and instructed him to build the temple for the Idol lying inside the tree hole. Thimmanayaka built the temple during 1510 - 1525 A.D with Vijayanagar architecture and style. It is believed that there supposed to be a huge Tamarind garden prior to the temple construction and so the Lord called by Chinthala Venkateswara Swamy. In Telugu, Tamarind Tree means Chintha Chettu. The actual name for this deity is Chintala Tiruvengala Natha Swamy, as time passes by it changed to Chinthala Venkateswara Swamy.